It’s the time of year when we dust off our fishing rods, dig out our bait buckets, and start thinking about all the new and exciting fishing adventures that await in the coming year. But before heading out to your favorite spot, have you made any new year’s resolutions for saltwater fishing?
If not, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. But first, we’d like to review what we focused on in 2022 to make your fishing future bright.
The old wooden pier that existed for decades was authentic, characteristic, and a bit concerning. As much as we hated to see it go, we couldn’t wait to extend the fishing fun another 250 yards into the bay! It’s a walk, but it’s the difference between fishing two feet of water and five to nine. We are now catching bigger fish with larger nets on heavier rods and have yet to hear a complaint about it. We have also added a green light at the end of the dock for those who prefer to search for predators at night.
We didn’t skimp on the ability to clean your catch once you finally land them. This is why we have gone the distance to install a Killerdock where you can safely and efficiently fillet your catch for dinner while giving all unwanted parts back to the sea. We are big fans of ecological practices here, so we suggest you subscribe to our blog for updates on big news and events coming soon!
This was a 2022 addition you won’t find elsewhere. All guests are welcome to attend the Saturday morning fishing clinics compliments of Fishermans Cove RV Resort and Fishlikeus.com. It’s a chance to ask questions, meet anglers, and learn about our water. Once you have line, knots, hooks, bait, and species specifics under your belt, it won’t seem so unrealistic to envision these New Year’s resolutions for saltwater fishing.
- Resolve to catch a fish so big that you have to use a crane to lift it out of the water.
- Resolve to catch a fish that’s so rare it’s not even been given a name yet.
- Resolve to catch a fish that’s so tasty it makes you forget all about your favorite sushi restaurant.
- Resolve to catch a fish so beautiful you have to get it tattooed on your arm.
- Resolve to catch a fish so valuable you can retire on the proceeds from selling it.
- Resolve to catch a fish so intelligent it helps you with your taxes.
- Resolve to catch a fish so magical it grants you three wishes.
- Resolve to catch a fish so cunning it outwits you every time.
- Resolve to catch a fish so elusive it becomes the stuff of legend.
- Resolve to catch a fish so memorable you can’t stop talking about it for years to come.
When you have a great location with expert guidance available, these resolutions aren’t far-fetched, and here at Fishermans Cove RV Resort, we are proud to say we have both. Regardless of the resolutions you aim to meet, the most important thing is to enjoy yourself and make the most of your time on the water. Happy fishing, and here’s to a great new year!